Translate

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Spring, 2013: A New Semester, New Classes, New Knowledge

I can't believe I have started the spring semester of my junior year of college. Where did the time go? This past winter break was short, but I was excited to return back to school. I look forward to new classes, familiar faces, and eventually warm weather. Academically, this year has been a challenge, but I was able to achieve my goal of being announced to the Dean's List for Fall, 2012. Hopefully I will be able to achieve this goal again this semester. 
So far, my classes have been interesting, and I'm looking forward to learning new information. In particular, EDU 414 is my first hybrid course at Southern Connecticut State University. I'm looking forward to this class due to its large involvement of technology. As a future teacher, it is important for me to understand technology. Everyday, a new invention is being developed. Computers are functioning faster, touch screen gadgets are evolving, and most important, children are learning with these new devices. As a future teacher, it is my responsibility to keep up with the latest technology. I need to think of ways I can incorporate lessons and activities with computers and Smart Boards to make learning enjoyable and fun. Furthermore, the internet contains several helpful websites that can help me develop successful lesson plans to teach in my profession. Technology has and still is changing the world. As a future teacher, it is important for me to use all of the tools I'm provided with.
I'm looking forward to this semester, and I will work hard to continue my knowledge within the Education field.

No comments:

Post a Comment